Homecoming Senior Year - created Fall 2007

I will never forget the look on the lady's face at the fabric store when she asked what I was using my fabric for. Who needs a 1/4 of a yard of multiple upholstery fabrics? Me. Yes, when I told her I was making my homecoming dress out of them she thought I was crazy! And maybe I was, but I loved the result. This is one of my favorite dresses because it is so completely unique and interesting. I'd never seen it done before - again, I have no idea where the inspiration came from but I'm glad it came. 

I was still learning and not trained at all so it is a good thing I had a pretty flat body because I don't believe there are bust darts or anything in this gown. Ooops.. I just loved creating, I didn't care how I got to the end result. It always seemed to work out and that was all that mattered at the time. 

I wore this to homecoming and then again to another school's prom. 

Model/Hair: Elle Fillmore
Makeup/Styling/Photography: Bree Woolstenhulme
Photo Editing: Kiara Farley 
Earrings: J.Crew