Homecoming Dress Jr. Year - created Fall 2006

This was the first formal gown I made. I didn't want to go dress shopping (I have a very different style than the average Utah dress shop carries so I decided I wouldn't bother with it and just come up with my own thing). My mom asked if I wanted to go look at patterns, I said no, I knew there wouldn't be a pattern that I would like - plus I hate patterns, I could figure it out myself.

So that is what I did. 

I went to the fabric store (I honestly don't know how I stumbled across brown (probably because all the other poly satin's at JoAnn's looked tacky (think of this in teal, pink, etc.. yuck))) - so brown it was. Then my mom and I started on the dress - I decided what I wanted it to look like (I honestly don't know where the inspiration for the design came from), we took my measurements (somehow missed my hip/bum measurement so it was a rather tight squeeze haha (it's a good thing I didn't have much of a shape back then)), cut it out, and sewed it up (my mom did most of the sewing on this one).

And there was my first formal gown - I loved it!

I found the brooch at an antique shop and made the bracelets and earrings to match. I wore this twice - two different homecomings.

 Model/Hair: Elle Fillmore
Makeup/Styling/Photography: Bree Woolstenhulme
Photo Editing: Kiara Farley 



and for fun..Fall 2006